Tuesday 9 October 2012

Review: Soap and Glory Smooch Operator

Relatively new to the Soap and Glory line is Smooch Operator lip butter, and like every other Soap and Glory product I have used,  it doesn't disappoint. It comes in a really cute pink and white tub, very typical S&G style. The flavour of the balm is coconut ice and while some coconut-y scents can make me a bit queasy I have to say that thankfully this one doesn't! It reminds me of the Carmex lip balm that comes in the tub, in terms of packaging and consistency. I know some people are funny about lip balms that come in tubs due to them being extremely unhygienic , but I am not one of those people! I have extremely dry lips which are prone to chapping and I find this is a really great product for keeping them hydrated and smooth. This also works great as a base for lipsticks and gloss, and prevents them drying your lips out. I have found this is a very worthy substitute for my usual favourite lip balm, Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm, which hasn't been on shelves anywhere for months sadly enough. It is pretty pricey at €8.50 for 9g of product but it is Soap and Glory so prices are going to be that bit higher than usual. 


                                             Image via www.soapandglory.com  


All in all I have to say I am very pleased with this product and will continue to use it, at least until I am reunited with my beloved Avene balm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment