Tuesday 19 March 2013

My Mac lipstick collection

I have something of an obsession with Mac lipsticks lately, I currently have 12, not including the couple I seem to have misplaced (where are you hiding Chatterbox??) 




(L-R) Girl about town, Impassioned, Candy Yum-Yum, Speed dial, Nicki Minaj Viva Glam, Snob, 
Morange, Reel Sexy, Creme D'Nude, Hue, Creme Cup, Betty Bright


They range from neon pink and orange to nude and everything in between. My two most recent acquisitions are Creme Cup, a gorgeous light pink nude which looks amazing with a strong smokey eye; and Betty Bright, a limited edition shade from the Archies Girls collection. This is a super bright coral/pink colour which will be stunning in the summer with a bit of a tan and loads of lashes. I also LOVE the packaging on this collection, I think its really fun and different, although I know a lot of people hate it. Oh well... haters gonna hate! 


Betty Bright

Girl About Town is one of my favourites and most used, a super pigmented Amplified finish lipstick in a gorgeous magenta shade. It looks really nice when patted onto the lips for an easy bright lip that is low maintenance, but it really comes into its own when applied full on. It looks amazing paired with a matte neutral eye and minimal rose gold blush (I highly recommend TheBalms blush in Hot Mama) The staying power of this lipstick is unreal, it literally lasts all day as it really stains the lips and needs a good remover to shift it. 

Girl About Town

Another favourite is Hue, which is a really nice simple nude shade which works really well across a variety of looks from a simple every day look, to a full on night time smokey eye. A staple in my make up bag and my professional kit, I find it works well across many different skin tones. I have gone through many of these and Il soon be due a new one. 

I could talk for hours about lipstick but I think this is enough for one day! I'm going to feature Betty Bright in an upcoming look so watch this space/face....


No comments:

Post a Comment